The 22nd Nordic Demographic Symposium will be held in Oslo 9-11 June 2022.
Registration for the Symposium is now open. Attendants please register here: Registration
You will have to use this registration-link to pay the conference fee, select whether to attend the welcome mixer and/or the conference dinner and to book a room at Soria Moria. The hotel has 156 rooms, and we have reserved 50 of these for anyone who would like to arrive a day early.
The Symposium starts with registration at June 9 9:00 – 9:30. The closing of the Symposium is scheduled at June 11 13:20 – 13:30.
The final programme is now available. (Updated 16. May)
- Maria Brandén, Associate Professor at Linköping University, Sweden (about): “Register-based research on Covid-19 mortality – experiences of researching a crisis during that crisis”
- Marta Bivand Erdal, Research Professor at Peace Research Institute Oslo, Norway (about): “Covid-19 and migration”
- Arnstein Aasve, Professor at Bocconi University, Italy (about): “The Association of Covid-19 Policies with Fertility and its Interaction with Welfare Regimes”
Svenn-Erik Mamelund, professor at OsloMet, Norway (about): “Social inequalities and pandemic preparedness”
Four scholarships are available, covering the conference fee for the 22nd Nordic Demographic Symposium (NSD2022). To apply, please send 0,5-1 pages to email@example.com to explain why you should be awarded a NDS2022 scholarship to cover the conference fee (2400 NOK). Deadline 1st of May 2022. Any questions or inquires about the scholarship can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for submitting abstracts (or a full session) is Februar 14, 2022
- Notification of acceptance will be made by March 15, 2022
- Registration for the conference and booking of hotel rooms opens on April 1 and closes on May 26, 2022 (updated/extended deadline)
If you have any questions, please email us: email@example.com
Call for papers
The overall topic of the conference is COVID-19 demography. However, we welcome contributors from all areas of demographic research to the 22nd Nordic Demographic Symposium. The symposium brings together researchers, students and other experts in population studies from the Nordic region.
If you want to participate in the symposium, please submit your 250-300 words abstract by February 14, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts should be written in English.
You should also state whether you are open for a poster presentation.